Bouncing individual email addresses

Nigel Haveron nigel at CREJU.COM
Fri Aug 8 17:04:09 IST 2003

Is it possible in MailScanner to bounce singly addressed emails just for
certain "To:" addresses with a "user not found", these are for people who
have left but I am still getting large amounts of spam (over 50% is to
these), as I am just using MailScanner/Sendmail as a relay I cannot use the
address mapping features in Sendmail to say "no user". So is there an easy
way to do this, it would cut down on the MailScanner processing if it was
bounced first.

I have figured out a roundabout way, using rulesets for 'definitely is
spam' and 'spam actions', by marking all email for the address as spam and
then bouncing spam for that address, but I don't feel this is the correct
way to do it.

I have recently installed MailScanner 4.22-5 on RedHat8 as an SMTP relay,
running with Sendmail, SpamAssassin and ClamAV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Nigel Haveron