Found And Fixed: Help! SA timing out, mail undelivered

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 15:14:21 IST 2003

At 14:59 08/08/2003, you wrote:
>There was something wrong in the Bayes_* databases, apparently.

Make sure you have DB_File installed, with the Berkeley DB library (which
is available from www.sleepycat.com). Any other DB libraries have great
trouble with SpamAssassin. If you can't get the Berkeley DB to compile (if
you haven't already got it), then try the previous version (version 3) as
that solved all the problems I had when getting it to install.

>To everyone, and to Julian especially, *THANKS* for your help
>and suggestions.
>
>And huge thanks to Julian, again, but never sufficiently, for
>MailScanner.

No worries. All donations, body parts (anyone remember that thread?), etc
gratefully appreciated.

P.S. Ever been to www.frozencritters.com? When I found that one, I
officially declared the internet "complete".
--
Julian Field