trend mircro with MailScanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 12:34:30 IST 2003

It works like this.

You put
Virus Scanners = trend
in your MailScanner.conf and then restart MailScanner.

MailScanner reads the location of the virus scanners configuration file
from the "Virus Scanner Definitions" in MailScanner.conf.
This is probably set to /opt/MailScanner/etc/virus.scanners.conf.

MailScanner looks up "trend" in /opt/MailScanner/etc/virus.scanners.conf.
It finds it needs to use the wrapper script
/opt/MailScanner/lib/trend-wrapper
to run the virus scanner.

It adds some command-line options specified in an internal table in
SweepViruses.pm in the main code, adds a "." on the end so the scanner
knows to scan the current directory, and calls
"/opt/MailScanner/lib/trend-wrapper" with all the options on the end of the
command-line.

If that doesn't work, you have played with something you shouldn't have.
You don't need a "date" command in a script to be able to tell if it is
used or not, that's what "ls -lu" is for (gives you the last time files
were read, not when they were modified).

--
Julian Field