Trying to get MailScanner v4.22-5 to forward messages

Christopher Lyon cslyon at netsvcs.com
Thu Aug 7 22:42:17 IST 2003

> >one.of.your.addresses at yourdomain.com" to
> >your
> > >
> >  Here is the command and the output.
> >
> >  ./sendmail -bv cslyon at netsvcs.com
> >  cslyon at netsvcs.com... deliverable: mailer esmtp, host netsvcs.com.,
> >user
> >  cslyon at netsvcs.com
>
> What sort of setup are you using to run MailScanner? The one I suggest
in
> the FAQ involving using your firewall to block incoming access to your
> primary MX, and running MailScanner on a secondary MX? Or else what?

I want to have MailScanner scan all incoming mail for spam and viri
content and forward it over to my production mail server which is
exchange. Mail scanner is opened from the outside on port 25 and I can
telnet to it on port 25. I see the mail coming into the box and it sits
in the /var/spool/mqueue.in directory. So, I know that is working. The
MX records are pointed just as you have stated above?