ANNOUNCE: beta release 4.23-1

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Aug 7 17:19:48 IST 2003

Ugh...

[root at genesis MailScanner-4.22-5]# rpm --root=/tmp/rpmroot --noscripts
--nodeps -Uvh mailscanner-4.22-5.noarch.rpm
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Packages database in /tmp/rpmroot/var/lib/rpm

-----Original Message-----
Of Julian Field
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 11:09 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: beta release 4.23-1

It goes like this:

mkdir /tmp/rpmroot
rpm --root=/tmp/rpmroot --noscripts --nodeps -Uvh
mailscanner-4.23-1.noarch.rpm

Then you will find the file in
         /tmp/rpmroot/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

The tarball will have a different MailScanner.conf file in it as all the
default paths are different (it uses /opt/MailScanner by default).

--
Julian Field