Trying to get MailScanner v4.22-5 to forward messages

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 7 15:34:48 IST 2003

At 15:10 07/08/2003, you wrote:
>OK, this might be an easy answer and if you couldn't tell, this is my first
>time trying to get MailScanner working. I have installed MailScanner 4.22-5
>and have it running on a Redhat 9.0 installation. Sendmail is disabled and
>I even did the 'dnl DAEMON...' to get it working from outside the box. I am
>trying to get a domain routing to this box with MailScanner running on it
>to my Exchange System. If I turn off MailScanner and turn on just Sendmail,
>everything works fine. Mail from the outside goes to RH9.0 then to the
>Exchange. As soon as I turn off sendmail then turn on MailScanner, the mail
>just sits in the /var/spool/m.... directory.

What's the rest of that directory name? It's rather important!

>BTW, I turned off AntiVirus, and SpamAssassin too just to bring it down to
>a basic level.

What else did you change? (And I want the truth, not just the bits you
think matter :-)

Also, try doing a "sendmail -bv one.of.your.addresses at yourdomain.com" to
see how sendmail thinks it will try to deliver a message to one of your users.
--
Julian Field