Virus Warnings

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 7 14:56:26 IST 2003

At 06:29 07/08/2003, you wrote:
>On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:50:57 +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> > You can add the name of the scanner to the report lines, so you can see
> > exactly which scanner said what.
>
>Which reminds me - how about adding Mailscanner's name if it produces
>a filename/filetype warning?

Very good idea. Nice and simple too :-)
You can now do this.

Of course the exact text inserted can be configured in languages.conf.
If you want the old behaviour of having the names of the scanners but
nothing else, then set
         MailScanner =
in languages.conf.

The new behaviour suggested by John is the default as it seems better to
me. But if you are upgrading then you may well not have "Include Scanner
Name In Reports" switched on anyway.

--
Julian Field