Spam Action rules: first match vs. all match?

Jay Berkenbilt ejb at QL.ORG
Wed Aug 6 23:59:10 IST 2003

>  What was the general consensus on this subject?
>
>  Is it worth my implementing this "stop" keyword? It will cause a couple of
>  extra "if" statements inside a function that is called a few dozen times
>  for each message, so I don't want to add it unless quite a few people will
>  find it useful.

Of course, my preference would be that you do implement it since I
don't know any other way to achieve the functionality I was looking
for that prompted this suggested solution.  If it has a big
performance penalty, perhaps the whole feature can be turned on or off
at once so that there's only one extra if statement for people who
don't want the functionality.  Perhaps this would make it worth
implementing even if most people won't use it?  Just a thought.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb at ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/