anyway to whitelist based on subject?

Richard Lynch rich at MAIL.WVNET.EDU
Wed Aug 6 23:16:30 IST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:29, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I hope I'm not glossing over something obvious in the config file
> somewhere, but is there a way to whitelist based on subject and not just
> To/From?
>
> My boss wants to whitelist anything with a certain keyword in the
> subject of his emails. Anyway to do that?
>

> Thanks,
> Chris.

I believe you could code a spamassassin rule to assign a high negative
score to achieve roughly the same thing.  For example...

In /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf ...

header          CW1            Subject =~ /keyword/i
describe        CW1            Custom Whitelist 1
score           CW1            -100.0

There may be a better way that I don't know about.

--
Richard Lynch <rich at mail.wvnet.edu>