dangerous html warning

Wed Aug 6 22:08:01 IST 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 9:58 pm, Lewis Bergman wrote:

> > If you can tell me what you would like to see in the "deleted" and the
> > "stored" reports, it would help me write them.
>
> Seriously. Something that states that no infection was found but the mail
> had content that might be used to hack your computer or gain personal
> information.

"We took this opportunity to block an email which was addressed to you and
may have caused harm to your computer or your data, because of the
suspiciously dangerous nature of its contents.

<if stored>
You may contact your local system administrator and ask them for message
$id from $hostname (ref: $quarantinedir/$datenumber) if you really want to
know what nasties some people are sending you.
<elsif deleted>
The contents of the message were so nasty that we deleted the message instead
of delivering it to you.   If you would prefer this not to happen in future
please contact you mail system adminstrator and ask for "more malicious
content."
<endif>

But, don't say we didn't warn you first..."

Regards,

Antony (trying diligently to remove tongue from cheek at this very moment).

--

Never write it in Perl if you can do it in Awk.
Never do it in Awk if sed can handle it.