[OT] Mailscanner With TMDA (Tagged Message Delivery Agent)

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Aug 6 21:19:34 IST 2003

At 01:04 PM 8/6/2003 -0400, Jason Skala wrote:

>Has one used Mailscanner with TMDA before? Or currently?
>TMDA is a spamassasin replacement that gives users more control
>with what gets whitelisted and blacklisted on the system. here
>is a link for anyone that hasn't heard of it. http://www.us.tmda.net/.

As a side note, I generally refuse to reply to TMDA generated messages
unless I am starting a conversation. I simply trash them if someone posts a
question to a mailing list and my reply gets TMDA'ed.

Personally I find that TMDA "solves" your spam problem by making it harder
for people who you do want mail from to get in touch with you. While it's
not a massive inconvenience, I feel it's a wrong-way approach to the problem.