dangerous html warning

Jeff Falgout JFalgout at CO.JEFFERSON.CO.US
Wed Aug 6 15:06:50 IST 2003

>> Currently the settings invoked by the various dangerous HTML
settings
>> {?virus} text. Would anyone else be helped by a separate warning? I
have had
>> several people say that they have scanned their computers and found
nothing
>> and I have to explain that "If you read the attachment it says...".
>>
>> I wonder if a more appropriate warning like {?dangerous format} or
something
>> much better might help.

I agree that a different label for the html and codebase stuff would be
helpful.

>Same here, a lot of people send in mail like, your scanner sucks since
my
>own scanner didnt find anything. They dont understand it was for
example
>a reject based on filename filters.

>Would it be possible to have a seperate identifier for that ?
>Something like {?rejected} ?

In addition to that, also allow notification to be sent to both sender
and recipient
of the file rejection - completely separate from the virus warning
config.
In other words - allow the notify senders for virus warning to be
turned off
(recipients still get it), but notify sender (and recipient) for
rejected filename is
turned on.

Jeff