Rav Anti Virus

Joseph Watson jtwatson at datakota.com
Wed Aug 6 01:11:42 IST 2003

I have been studying SweepViruses.pm, and it appears that the output from Rav
Antivirus has changed.  So ProcessRavOutput sub in SweepViruses.pm may need
to be changed to fix this.  But then this would brake old Rav Antiviruses, so
we would have to check the version and do different things.

SweepViruses.pm seems to be just a little over my perl skill level, but maybe
if someone could explain what ProcessRavOutput sub is given required to
return, I could make some headway.

Also, it is not clear to me if the return code from the scanner is even used??
If it isn't, using it would make this more reliable.  Then if the output
changes, the reporting may be in error, but the detection should continue to
work.

--
Regards

Joseph Watson