Which is better for use with MS? Sendmail, postfix, exim..... ..

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Tue Aug 5 21:31:58 IST 2003

Tony Finch had written:
>> I recommend Exim, because its ACL system allows you to be as strict as
>> you wish about which messages are accepted by your system before they
>> even get as far as MailScanner. This means you have less difficulty
>> dealing with forged email and double bounces etc.

Julian Fields responded:
> Out of sendmail, Exim and Postfix, Exim is the fastest too when used in
> conjunction with MailScanner. I virtually always use Exim when
> speed-testing.
>
> Postfix itself is fast, but due to its internal design causes
> a lot more I/O with MailScanner than sendmail or Exim.
>
> Sendmail can approach the speed of Exim, but I have yet to
> make it beat it.

So... Just wondering, does Exim still provide unique message IDs and more
importantly does it offer a way to split messages with multiple recipients
into one message per recipient, like the recently suggested usage of
sendmail queue groups?