MailScanner.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 2 18:02:45 IST 2003

For starters, read the docs on the website about installing it with Postfix,
as you need to make a small change or two to the postfix configuration files
and you need to setup /etc/postfix.in.
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

One of the things I need to do a.s.a.p. is get the SuSE init.d script as
good as the RedHat one. Currently it only handles sendmail setups properly,
whereas the RedHat one supports just about everything.

You will need to edit the script at the moment, I'm afraid.

The most important bit to write (obviously) is the code to start MailScanner
and the 2 postfix processes. It doesn't matter too much about the stop code
as you can always do that by hand with ps and kill anyway.

You need to start
1) incoming postfix,
2) outgoing postfix,
3) MailScanner itself.

/usr/sbin/postfix -c /etc/postfix.in start
/usr/sbin/postfix -c /etc/postfix start
/usr/sbin/check_mailscanner

--
Jules