MailScanner problem.

Dave Schwinn MailScanner at NEATOTORPEDO.COM
Fri Aug 1 21:58:04 IST 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 22:19:54 +0200, Erik Jakobsen <eja at URBAKKEN.DK> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'm very new to this list, and need help for the MailScanner that I
installed
>today on my SuSE Linnux 8.2 system.
>
>SuSE 8.2 uses the postfix MTA, and I have set this in the
>/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file.
>
>But I get this if running rcMailScanner start:
>
>192:/var/log # rcMailScanner start
>Initializing sendmail and MailScannersendmail: invalid option -- O
>sendmail: fatal: usage: sendmail [options]

failed

>Of course its fatal since I don't use sendmail.
>
>What can I have forgotten ??.
>
>--
>Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
>Erik Jakobsen - eja at urbakken.dk.
>Licensed radioamateur with the callsign OZ4KK.
>SuSE Linux 8.2 Proff.
>Registered as user #319488 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

I am installing MailScanner for the first time on a RedHat 9.0 system using
oistfix instead of sendmail.  Here is the page from the MailScanner web
site describing the problem as it pertains to RedHat.  I assume this
translates to your system as well.

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

see bottom of page