Fowarding ham and Spam to specific user in the MX server for sa-learn.

Heber heber at AJODER.COM
Wed Apr 30 15:20:18 IST 2003

Hello all;

Before anything I have to say that MailScanner running together with SA makes a great product, good work for those developing!!!!!!!!

Any help on the following will be great...

Two questions;

1.  Why is the email forward doesn't work properly in sendmail? What needs to be changed?

2. Can I use the  sa-learn from SA 2.53 against an email file created from sendmail for a local user on the MX server i.e.: "sa-learn --spam --file /var/mail/this-is-spam" ?

Supporting info for the questions follows (some info concerning ip and domain name have been change for obvious reasons);

I am currently using MS with SA 2.53 on two MX boxes forwarding the emails to my exchange box which only receives mail from the two MX Linux boxes.

I am in the process of implementing the function where the user receiving the email can report those false positive (spam or ham).  I have created two email accounts in my two MX boxes running sendmail, not-spam and this-is-spam where my network users will send their email for the bayes learning function.  In the MX1 and MX2 boxes I have created both the same accounts.  In the MX1 box I created the following file;

/home/not-spam/.forward

Content;

not-spam at mx2.domain.com, \not-spam

this as I have read it's suppose to send a copy of the email to my mx2 box and a copy to the current account (same thing was done for the this-is-spam account)

When I send a test message to the address the Result is;

    The original message was received at Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:02:31 -0400 from mail.domain.com [200.50.aaa.bbb]

    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- not-spam at mx2.domain.com

    (reason: 550 5.0.0 Access denied)

    (expanded from: <not-spam at mx1.domain.com>)

    ... while talking to mx2.domain.com.:

    >>> MAIL From:<HSoto at domain.com>

    <<< 550 5.0.0 Access denied

    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

My DNS server entries for the above domain;

domain.com.         IN      MX      10 mail.domain.com.
domain.com.         IN      MX      20 mx1.domain.com.
domain.com.         IN      MX      30 mx2.domain.com.

 SendMail version;

Sendmail 8.12.6/8.12.6 with all the latest updates.

/etc/mail/access file;

localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                             RELAY
127.0.0.1                             RELAY
domain.com                         RELAY
domain.net                           RELAY
otherdomain1.com                RELAY
otherdomain2.com                RELAY