Sophos SAVI problems

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 21:26:19 IST 2003

At 21:09 29/04/2003, you wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 04:53:56PM +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> > At 04:06 29/04/2003, you wrote:

> > >Are
> > >the changes made by the patch incorperated into the latest BETA or next
> > >release by any chance?
> >
> > If you let me know what distribution you are using, I'll point you at the
> > very latest code.
>
>  RE: sophossavi..
>
>  1st, Thanks for the pointer to the code status setting.
>
>  I'm using 4:14-9 for Redhat Linus, on RedHat 8, using the latest (May)
> sophos SW and
>  IDE's

You are welcome to try 4.15-10 which is at
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-4.15-10.rpm.tar

If you just upgrade the "mailscanner*rpm" (you don't need to bother with
any of the others) and then run the "upgrade_MailScanner_conf" script to do
the rest, that should be all that is needed.
Then "service MailScanner restart" and you will be running the new code.
This should fix the problem.

Please let me know how you get on.
--
Julian Field