Clam ...

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Apr 29 20:36:56 IST 2003

When an update has been applied...

freshclam
echo $?
0

When already updated...

freshclam
echo $?
1

That isn't the behaviour I saw with 0.54 the current stable version -
despite promises to the contrary from the man page.
Just to clarify the confusion I've just done a little testing...

0.54 (either the source distribution or the Mandrake rpm) return status
doesn't work.

snapshot 20030424 (source) works correctly as above.

Given that you are using the oldest available snapshot and I the latest
I think its fair to assume this is fixed in all the snapshots and should
be working in the next version.

Attached is a patch which my limited testing suggest works with snapshot
versions of freshclam, and preserves the existing behavior with older
versions.

--
Richard Lynch <rich at mail.wvnet.edu>

BMRB International