Spamassassin config

Tue Apr 29 14:30:25 IST 2003

Hi!

> Can you please clarify the "Advanced SpamAssassin Settings" in
> MailScanner.conf? Perhaps point me to a link or thread that describes
> it?
>
>  I did a search in the mailing list archives and didn't find anything
> but this thread. I don't see any reference to this in the documentation
> or in my stock MailScanner 414-9 configuration file. I recently moved to
> 414-9 and have been using the "superceded" options in
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf to move the bayes database and set the
> permissions.

In the last beta 4.15-9 there is listed:

#
# Advanced SpamAssassin Settings
# ------------------------------
#
# If you are using Postfix you may well need to use some of the settings
# below, as the home directory for the "postfix" user cannot be written
# to by the "postfix" user.
# You may also need to use these if you have installed SpamAssassin
# somewhere other than the default location.
#

# The per-user files (bayes, auto-whitelist, user_prefs) are looked
# for here and in ~/.spamassassin/. Note the files are mutable.
# If this is unset then no extra places are searched for.
# If using Postfix, you probably want to set this as shown in the example
# line at the end of this comment, and do
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/spamassassin/

# This setting is useful if SpamAssassin is installed in an unusual place,
# e.g. /opt/MailScanner. The install prefix is used to find some fallback
# directories if neither of the following two settings work.
# If this is set then it adds to the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
#SpamAssassin Install Prefix = /opt/MailScanner
#SpamAssassin Install Prefix =

# The site-local rules are searched for here, and in prefix/etc/spamassassin,
# prefix/etc/mail/spamassassin, /usr/local/etc/spamassassin, /etc/spamassassin,
# /etc/mail/spamassassin, and maybe others.
# If this is set then it adds to the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
#SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir = /etc/MailScanner/mail/spamassassin
#SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =

# The default rules are searched for here, and in prefix/share/spamassassin,
# /usr/local/share/spamassassin, /usr/share/spamassassin, and maybe others.
# If this is set then it adds to the list of places that are searched;
# otherwise it has no effect.
#SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = /opt/MailScanner/share/spamassassin
#SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =

Bye,
Raymond.