Sophos SAVI problems

hden Hartog hden at KCBBS.GEN.NZ
Tue Apr 29 04:06:04 IST 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:50:49 -0700, Daniel Kleinsinger
<danielk at AVALONPUB.COM> wrote:

>>> Apr 25 17:52:05 nts-2 MailScanner[4739]: MailScanner child dying of
>>> old age

>So I then changed Minimum Code Status from supported to beta and,
>surprise surprise, it started working.  I then reverted to the unpatched
>SweepViruses.pm, leaving MCS at beta, and the old error came back.  So
>it would seem that the new code fixed some problem with identifying new
>IDEs.  Thanks for fixing it so quickly.

 I followed the same path, changing to using sophossavi (RH8/MS4.14-9/May-
SophosUpdate), and ended up with what seems to me to be the same problem!

 I have no idea how to apply patches, nor how to change Code status..Are
the changes made by the patch incorperated into the latest BETA or next
release by any chance?

Cheers!
Hendrik