Spamassassin config

Mon Apr 28 20:23:49 IST 2003

Hi!

In the spam.assassin.prefs.conf i saw some confusing stuff:

#
# JKF 26/03/2003
# If your root filesystem is filling up because SpamAssassin is putting
# large databases in /.spamassassin or /root/.spamassassin, you can move
# them using the following lines to point to their new locations
#

auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
auto_whitelist_file_mode   0644
bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode            0644

The last part is a part of the filenames that will be generated.
So the payed path isnt actually the path, its more, its also the
prefix of the files... =) Perhaps add a line to explain that.

As i read it in the config i created two dirs, bayed and auto-whitelist :)

-rw-------    1 root     root       318004 Apr 28 21:17 bayes_journal
-rw-------    1 root     root         2663 Apr 28 21:17 bayes_msgcount
-rw-------    1 root     root       417792 Apr 28 21:09 bayes_seen
-rw-------    1 root     root      7909376 Apr 28 21:09 bayes_toks

If you leave out the last part it will create
(bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/)

-rw-------    1 root     root       318004 Apr 28 21:17 _journal
-rw-------    1 root     root         2663 Apr 28 21:17 _msgcount
-rw-------    1 root     root       417792 Apr 28 21:09 _seen
-rw-------    1 root     root      7909376 Apr 28 21:09 _toks

Also the default filemode in the config are listed 644, the ones
in my old dir had 600, why not stick to 600 ?

Its only cosmetical, but we'd rather make the config fool proof to avoid
questions on the list in a later stage :)

Thanks,
Raymond.