Infinite Monkeys Timing Out

Mon Apr 28 19:37:16 IST 2003

Hi!

> Voila!  Now my logs are filling up with messages about the Infinite
> Monkeys RBL timing out regularly and MailScanner killing the associated
> SpamAssassin processes.  It looks like this RBL has been the cause of my
> problems.
>
> Is anyone else having problems with Infinite Monkeys???

Can be network problems towards their nameservers from within your
network. I dont get errors and are also using them. If it slows down your
delivery just take out the RBL temporary. MS will also take it out if it
errors a lot, but will test again and again, meaning slow down.

The only ones that timed out today on my box were:

Apr 28 11:47:18 vmx01 MailScanner[17186]: RBL Check ORDB-RBL timed out and
was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 7
Apr 28 14:47:14 vmx01 MailScanner[31873]: RBL Check ORDB-RBL timed out and
was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 7

Thats all.

Bye,
Raymond.