Archive Mail, Exim and Locking Bug? (was RE: [ MAILSCANNER] Locki ng failing?)

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Apr 28 19:07:44 IST 2003

"Desai, Jason" <jase at SENSIS.COM> wrote:

>Some minor changes to your patch - I think you need to change the last added
>"return" to "exit" in the second hunk or your patch.  When messages got
>quarantined as a whole messages instead of queue files, extra mailscanner
>processes started hanging around and not exiting.  I changed "return" to
>"exit" and it seemed to fix the problem.

Aargh yes, thanks. Friday code :-)

>Also, should you change the first added "return" to "return 1" in the second
>hunk to match the "return 1" at the end of the function?

That matters less since the return value isn't actually checked
(cf. SMDiskStore.pm).

Tony.
BERWICK ON TWEED TO WHITBY: SOUTH 4, SOON SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6. EASING SOUTHWEST 4
AGAIN LATER. MAINLY FAIR. GOOD. MODERATE.