Mailscanner restarting every 15 minutes

David While David.While at UCE.AC.UK
Sat Apr 26 09:15:52 IST 2003

mailstats doesn't restart mailscanner - do you mean mailscanner-mrtg??

David While
Technical Development Manager
Faculty of Computing, Information & English
University of Central England
Tel: 0121 331 6211

                      Nick Phillips
                      <nwp at LEMON-COMPUT        To:       MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                      ING.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Mailscanner restarting every 15 minutes
                      MailScanner
                      mailing list
                      <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                      MAIL.AC.UK>

                      26/04/2003 00:16
                      Please respond to
                      MailScanner
                      mailing list

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:57:20PM +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> At 23:09 25/04/2003, you wrote:
> >An interesting observation on this:
> >
> >14400 seconds = 0x3840
> >15mins = 900 = 0x384
> >
> >Bit-shifted by 4???
>
> 15 mins x 4 x 4 = 4 hours, correct.
> But seeing how I do it all in Perl integers, I don't think there's
anything
> like that going on :-)
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Not being restarted by that mailstats script is it?

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You can create your own opportunities this week.  Blackmail a senior
executive.