ignoring bounce messages from bounced emails

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Fri Apr 25 06:47:37 IST 2003

Why bother attempting to bounce spam in the first place.  Even if you were
to get a spammer stupid enough to use his valid email address, one grain of
sand in a desert is quite insignificant.  Spammers could care less about
bounces.  Just delete the crap you would bounce and never see it again.

-----Original Message-----
Of Dene Ulmschneider
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 8:04 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: ignoring bounce messages from bounced emails

Hey all-

sorry for the confusing subject of my email - but it's the most accurate way
to state what I am looking to do.

I am running RHL 7.3 with the latest MailScanner and SA 2.53. I am currently
forwarding regular spam but I am bouncing high scoring spam. Obviously -
there are lots of spam messages that come form forged addresses and bouncing
those messages is in turn causing me to get a bounce message back. This is
due to the fact that I am bouncing the spam from an address that does not
and probably never will really exist.

My question is this:
Is there a way to ignore the bounces that I get back form forged addresses?
What would be the best way to discard and ignore those particular messages.
Is there a setting in SA or MS that will allow that?

Thank You

Dene Ulmschneider
Data Techie Inc.
office:         718.738.8859