MailScanner on Red Hat 8.0 and Exchange (user unknown)

Steve Hickel smhickel at CHARTERMI.NET
Wed Apr 23 18:14:01 IST 2003

All,

Thanks for the help.

Now, the next problem. When I set my firewall to the new mail server,
the maillog said that the user was unknown and rejected the email and I
got an error from my sending email server, not the receiving one. I went
back into the mailscan setup and put forward unknown users to the IP of
the exchange server. I will test that in a few minutes but wanted to
know if anyway had a way to get the mailscanner to trap these emails and
hold them until the exchange server was available for them without
having to enter names into the sendmail or linux box? Thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steve Hickel <smhickel at chartermi.net>