Bayes setup

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 21 18:29:42 IST 2003

At 14:07 21/04/2003, you wrote:
>On Sunday 20 April 2003 01:31 pm, Julian Field wrote:
> > At 06:59 19/04/2003, you wrote:
> > >Julian, is this affected by the addition of {Spam?} to the Subject line?
> >
> > You can always tell SA to ignore the subject line when learning spam.
> > I personally don't bother as no-one ever puts anything in "notspam" anyway
> > as I set the threshold a bit on the high side so we never get false
> > positives.
>How do you tell it to ignore the subject? I can't find that option in man for
>sa-learn.

It's in "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf". I have already put some examples in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf:

# For spam and notspam bins
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamCheck
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamScore
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-Information

so just add
bayes_ignore_header Subject
to that list.

--