Big problems after upgrading to 4.14-9

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Wed Apr 16 18:29:56 IST 2003

I have the same setup, except for Sophos, on one of my servers. On both
my 7.2 and 8.0 Redhat servers I had to completely uninstall, in the
following order, the SpamAssassin rpms:

rpm -e perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.53-1
rpm -e spamassassin-tools-2.53-1
rpm -e spamassassin-2.53-1

Then install using the CPAM module install:

    perl -MCPAN -e shell                    [as root]
    o conf prerequisites_policy ask
    install Mail::SpamAssassin
    quit

This fixed both systems

don't forget to save (before removing rpms) and restore
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf (after installing from CPAN

Steve
Steve Swaney
Steve at Swaney.com