Mailscanner and restart

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Tue Apr 15 22:59:35 IST 2003

I've noticed that after updating to 4.14.9 that it seems to have
problems with child processes dying for some reason until there aren't
enough to do the job.  I just noticed about 1300 messages in mqueue.in
and found that the there were only 3 mailscanner processes running.  Has
anyone else been seeing this?  I'm running on Solaris 8, perl 5.6.1, and
I start using check_mailscanner and have been running v4 for quite
awhile so I do have so MS experience under the belt and haven't seen
this with the previous versions.

-=Bobby