Deleting high score messages

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Apr 15 20:35:24 IST 2003

Joe Quinn <joe at QITC.CO.UK> wrote:

>> I sent an email to Julian about this a couple of weeks ago. The
>> default spam.assassin.prefs.conf is misleading. MailScanner's
>> spam.assassin.prefs.conf is a user preferences file, and SpamAssassin
>> doesn't let you define rules in a user preferences file (though it does
>> let you change their scores). If you turn on the MailScanner configuration
>> options "Debug" and "Debug SpamAssassin" you'll see it complaining that
>> the above lines are invalid and have been ignored.
>
>Tried this, it didn't work.

You should have tried turning on debugging. I did some work to improve
this area, so you now get details such as

Global symbol "@keltica" requires explicit package name at /opt/MailScanner/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, rule KELTICA_MEDIA, line 1.
Failed to run header SpamAssassin tests, skipping some: In string, @keltica now must be written as \@keltica at /opt/MailScanner/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, rule KELTICA_MEDIA, line 1, near "admin at keltica"

So you should try

header KELTICA_MEDIA To =~ /admin\@keltica-media\.co\.uk/i
describe KELTICA_MEDIA To: admin at keltica-media.co.uk
score KELTICA_MEDIA 100.0

Tony.
SELSEY BILL TO LYME REGIS: EAST OR SOUTHEAST 3 OR 4, BECOMING 4. MOSTLY FAIR
PERHAPS AN ISOLATED SHOWER, SOME HAZE. GOOD, LOCALLY MODERATE SEA STATE:
SLIGHT.