Deleting high score messages

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Apr 15 19:51:52 IST 2003

Joe Quinn <joe at QITC.CO.UK> wrote:

>I'm still trying to get certain messages deleted with a "To" address. I've tried this but the
>messages still get through and I have delete high score set to yes in the mailscanner conf.
>
>In /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>

>header KELTICA_MEDIA To =~ /admin at keltica-media.co.uk/i
>describe KELTICA_MEDIA To: admin at keltica-media.co.uk
>score KELTICA_MEDIA 100.0
><<<
>
>Any ideas?

I sent an email to Julian about this a couple of weeks ago. The
default spam.assassin.prefs.conf is misleading. MailScanner's
spam.assassin.prefs.conf is a user preferences file, and SpamAssassin
doesn't let you define rules in a user preferences file (though it does
let you change their scores). If you turn on the MailScanner configuration
options "Debug" and "Debug SpamAssassin" you'll see it complaining that
the above lines are invalid and have been ignored.

To work around the problem you should put those lines in SpamAssassin's
local.cf which it looks for in '/usr/local/etc/spamassassin',
'/usr/pkg/etc/spamassassin', '/usr/etc/spamassassin',
'/etc/mail/spamassassin', '/etc/spamassassin', and if you don't like any
of those places you can use the (undocumented) MailScanner configuration
option "SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir".

Tony.
LANDS END TO ST DAVIDS HEAD INCLUDING THE BRISTOL CHANNEL: EAST OR SOUTHEAST 3
OR 4, PERHAPS LOCALLY 5. MOSTLY FAIR PERHAPS AN ISOLATED SHOWER. GOOD SEA
STATE: SLIGHT, LOCALLY MODERATE IN WEST.