ANNOUNCE: Version 4.14 released

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Fri Apr 11 18:16:28 IST 2003

Find out if any SpamAssassin tools are installed:

    rpm -qa | grep ssassin

Then remove any previously installed SpamAssassin rpms:

    rpm -e spamassassin-2.5X
    rpm -e spamassassin-tools-2.5X
    rpm -e perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.5X

Then I'd suggest installing SpamAssassin using the CPAN method (You do
Have the perl CPAN Module installed?). Installing from the rpm has
caused some problems, at least when running SpamAssassin on Redhat 8.0

Installing SpamAssassin
-----------------------

The easiest way to do this is using CPAN.pm, like so:

        perl -MCPAN -e shell                    [as root]
        o conf prerequisites_policy ask
        install Mail::SpamAssassin
        quit

Hope this helps,

If You can't use the cpan module, then the rpms must be installe in a
certian order, namely:

    first:      rpm -ivh perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.5X
    second:     rpm -ivh spamassassin-tools-2.5X
    Finally:    rpm -ivh spamassassin-2.5X

Steve
Steve Swaney
Steve at Swaney.com