Bayes setup

David Lancaster dml at UNB.CA
Fri Apr 11 12:34:58 IST 2003

> >I'm a bit worried about how you could advertise a notspam address to your
> >user without attracting spam to it.
>
> I did it by word of mouth, and a web page which is only available with
> username/password access.

Since you'd only want feedback from your users, some sort of filtering to only
accept messages from your local domain(s) would be a good idea. Would prevent
external "taint"ing of the system, although an internal user might still cause
problems.

If the idea of "spam at domain" and "notspam at domain" catches on in the future, I
wouldn't be surprised to see spammers try to randomly flood those addresses to
impair learning filters.

D.

--
ITS ESS