Quarantine Indexing?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 18:50:04 IST 2003

At 18:22 08/04/2003, you wrote:

>I'm not sure if anyone has implemented this or not. I'm trying to create
>an index file that would contain an index (Subject, Date, From, To, Size,
>etc..) of all messages that are quarantined. I'm thinking, a code that is
>part of MailScanner that would write to that index file everytime a
>messages is quarantined.
>
>Any suggestions? ideas? where to start?

Take a look at CustomConfig.pm and the SQLLogging code in there. This is a
good demonstration of a Custom Function with side effects (logging in this
case). Work out what config option to hang the Custom Function off, and you
should just be able to nick the code. If you do it exactly the same as the
SQL Logging code does now, you could just log messages that are found to
contain viruses or other nasty things, there are properties of the Message
object which will tell you if this is the case.
--
Julian Field