Deleting all Messages with a specific address in the "To:" field....

Evert Ford richard_cipher at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 8 18:10:54 IST 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:04:51 -0700, Steve Thomas <lists at STHOMAS.NET> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:48:28PM -0600, Evert Ford is rumored to have
> said:
>>
>> Is the ISP forward what's making this not work?  Any Ideas?  If I use
>> sendmail to delete it, it induces latency, and fetchmail dies
>>
>> I am using fetchmail version 6.2, sendmail version 8.12-7 and
>> MailScanner 4.14 on a Redhat Linux 7.2 system
>
> Is procmail in that mix somewhere?
>
> :0
> * ^TO_myold at addr.ess
> /dev/null

That should do the trick...I somehow forgot about procmail, and it won't
make fetchmail die because of latency in sendmail, and I don't have to
worry about the "To:" not matching the envelope.

Excellent suggestion!

Evert Ford
Westone Laboratories
www.westone.com