Porn msg identification?

Richard D Alloway ralloway at WINBEAM.COM
Tue Apr 8 18:10:19 IST 2003

Thanks for everyone's input for my problem, but I think the goal I am
trying to work towards is being lost in translation :)

What I think would be a great feature is to allow custom rulesets.  The
more I think about it, the more I think being able to create a customer
header for the custom ruleset would be the way to go.

I imagine it working just like the Spam Score Header.

Based on the score from the ruleset file (in my case, I'd create an adult
language file) with scores per word, a custom header could be created
which shows the "severity" of the language:

Custom Score Header = X-MailScanner-Maturity:

Custom Score Header = A

Custom Score Ruleset = /etc/MailScanner/rules/Maturity.rules

/etc/MailScanner/rules/Maturity.rules could contain:
frick   1
frack   5

Then, a message which contains the word 'frick' 3 times and 'frack' once
would have a score of 8, so a header of:
X-MailScanner-Maturity = AAAAAAAA

A customer who wishes to never receive emails with any of the words in the
list can filter on the X-MailScanner-Maturity header containing 'A'.

A customer who wishes to receive mildly mature emails can filter on the
X-MailScanner-Maturity header containing 'AAAA', and so on...

This way, the email is delivered to the customer and the customer has the
option of deleting, moving to another folder, or doing nothing with the
email.

The reason I can't use the high score action, etc is that we delete spam
with a high score.

As an ISP, we do not force adult/mature content filtering on our
customers, but would like to offer a solution that empowers the end user
to decide the level of filtering.

Thanks for hearing me out...again :)

-Rich