"spamassassin" redhat 9 mailscanner

Matthijs Althoff scouty at BROMBERG.DEMON.NL
Sat Apr 5 22:37:50 IST 2003

my setup:

OS  : Redhat 9
Sendmail  : 8.12.8/8.12.8 (rpm)
MailScanner  : 4.14.9 (rpm)
Spamassassin : 2.53 (rpm)

Tonight I have upgraded my Redhat 8 box to 9. The update process wend
smooth with hardly problems worth mentioning.  The only odd thing I found
was that spamassassin was set back to 2.44 which comes with RedHat 9 and
had overwritten my custom 2.52 on the system. I have de-installed the RPM
cleanup files hanging on the system and installed the 2.53 rpm.

The problem is that MailScanner is not starting with "Use SpamAssassin
= yes" this is what the log shows..

Apr  5 23:14:38 bromberg MailScanner[10491]:
MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.14-9 starting...
Apr  5 23:14:48 bromberg MailScanner[10495]:
MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.14-9 starting...
and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

When I set "Use SpamAssassin = no" MailScanner starts fine

MailScanner[10696]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.14-9
starting...
MailScanner[10696]: Using locktype = flock
MailScanner[10700]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.14-9
starting...
MailScanner[10700]: Using locktype = flock

but of course without spamassassin checks.. I have downgraded to 2.52 but
this does not solve the problem. I have completely removed everything down
to MailScanner, spamassassin and sendmail but have no clue where to
look now..