wish list item (easy one :-)

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri Apr 4 22:28:49 IST 2003

Hi Julian,

today I was installing a new machine with MS+SA+ZMailer (with my yet to be
sufficiently tested queue-fooling scripts).

I installed SA in a non-standard place (esp. the rules directories), and
found that the SA rules weren't found at all. As the standard spamassassin
script _did_ find everything I browsed it and found the following:

my $PREFIX = '/usr';  # substituted at 'make' time
my $DEF_RULES_DIR = '/app/SpamAssassin/etc/rules/default';  # substituted at
'make' time
my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/app/SpamAssassin/etc/rules/local';  # substituted at
'make' time

and then...

# create the tester factory
  my $spamtest = new Mail::SpamAssassin ({
    rules_filename      => $opt{'config-file'},
    userprefs_filename => $opt{'prefs-file'},
    local_tests_only    => $opt{'local'},
    debug             => defined($opt{'debug-level'}),
    dont_copy_prefs   => ($opt{'create-prefs'} ? 0 : 1),
    PREFIX            => $PREFIX,
    DEF_RULES_DIR     => $DEF_RULES_DIR,
    LOCAL_RULES_DIR   => $LOCAL_RULES_DIR,
  });

I hardwired this into MailScanner/SA.pm like this:

    if ($prefs ne "") {
      $MailScanner::SA::SAspamtest = new Mail::SpamAssassin(
               {'userprefs_filename' => $prefs,
                'PREFIX'            => '/usr',
                'DEF_RULES_DIR'     => '/app/SpamAssassin/etc/rules/default',
                'LOCAL_RULES_DIR'   => '/app/SpamAssassin/etc/rules/local',
                'dont_copy_prefs' => 0 });
    } else {
      $MailScanner::SA::SAspamtest = new Mail::SpamAssassin(
               {'PREFIX'            => '/usr',
                'DEF_RULES_DIR'     => '/app/SpamAssassin/etc/rules/default',
                'LOCAL_RULES_DIR'   => '/app/SpamAssassin/etc/rules/local'});
    }

but it would be nice if you could add a couple of lines to Config.pm and
ConfigDefs.pl with some new config variables like
SpamAssassin prefix
SpamAssassin default rules directory
SpamAssassin local rules directory
or something like that.

If you want, I can modify your latest release and send you the patches...
AFAIK, it would only touch three files...

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby