Virus Scanning software

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Mon Sep 30 20:27:57 IST 2002

Personally, I use Sophos for all of my machines and love it.  The current version is 3.62 and is updated monthly.  Virus definitions
are updated daily and as needed.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Gavin Nelmes-Crocker
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 2:09 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Virus Scanning software

Hi

First post to this list, I have searched the archives but not found the
answer but apologies if this has been asked before.

I see that mailscanner works with a number of different virus scanning
software products, my problem is which versions of the software are
people installing - the companies sites make it as hard as possible to
work out which is the cheapest or most effective way of using their
product and I suspect they don't angle them at mailscanner as they would
rather you bought their mail gateway product.

I am most interested in using more than one virus scanner with Sophos
being top of the list so anyone with pointers for that would be great,
also anyone using Panda as I see it is freeware but no support.  BTW I
am only using Linux.

Hope someone can answer this.

Thanks

Gavin