Spam Header not appearing; only "

Donna J djohnson at TELICA.COM
Thu Sep 26 14:36:17 IST 2002

Hello MailScanner folks,

We just installed Mailscanner on a test server and it does not appear to be
doing any spam checks. We have not installed SpamAssasin.

This line appears in the header of every incoming mail message:

but this one does not:
           X-MailScanner-SpamCheck

Here are some related settings from our mailscanner.conf file
Sign Unscanned Messages = yes
Spam Checks = yes
Spam Action = deliver
Log Spam = no
Use SpamAssassin = no
Spam List = ORDB-RBL, relays.ordb.org.
Spam List = spamcop.net, bl.spamcop.net.
Spam List = Infinite-Monkeys, proxies.relays.monkeys.com.
Spam List = osirusoft.com, relays.osirusoft.com.

We must be doing something (probably obvious :) wrong. Your help
appreciated.

Also, we're using Innoculate (eTrust) as our virus protection software. Is
anyone else using it. If so, what is the script we should be running in
place of the Sophos wrapper/shell script when you use Sophos?

Thank you,
Donna J.