mailscanner restart

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 00:28:02 IST 2002

Quoting Matt <hciss at HCIWS.COM>:
> Just wandering, is this a Linux issue or why does "mailscanner restart"
> not
> work?  I always have to kill it to restart it.

Precisely how you need to kill it seems to vary between different flavours of
Linux. I've never yet found a sure-fire way of doing it on all systems.

And in V4 it's even harder as the child processes are all restarted
independently. I think I've going to have to replace the "pid file" option
with a "pid dir" one, and keep a list of all the current pids in that
directory. Currently I use "killall /usr/bin/perl" which isn't exactly what
you might want! :-)

--
Jules
jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk