Virii, bad file names, and quarantine in V4

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Sun Sep 22 23:59:19 IST 2002

It looks like something isn't working the way I'd think it should. With
"Quarantine Infections = no" I'm seeing those things that violate the
Outlook security check and infected attachments being quarantined.

What I'd like to be able to do is to cause those attachments identified
as a virus by the virus scanner simply be deleted and things that
violate the file name rules be quarantined. According to the conf file
it would seen that this should be possible via a ruleset, but I haven't
a clue as to what that ruleset would look like (and yeah, I've looked at
the rules/README & rules/EXAMPLES)

There's no way that I ever want to give a user a file out of the
quarantine area that is known to be infected, but they may have a valid
use for files that fail the file name check. Short of virus scanning
everything in the quarantine dir I don't see how I'd know which was
which.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.