ANNOUNCE: 3.23-1 and 4.00.0a2

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Sep 22 13:33:19 IST 2002

I have just released version 3.23-1 and its equivalent V4 version.

I have added traps for all known Outlook, IE and Eudora security
vulnerabilities, and MailScanner now catches all of the GFI email security
tests. This makes MailScanner a complete e-mail security system, rather
than just being a virus scanner.

See http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest for information about these tests.

Fixed a bug where the "domains.to.archive.conf" file would ignore complete
e-mail addresses containing a '.' before a '@'.

Also fixed the obvious bug in the V4 check_mailscanner script which forced
you to be in the right directory when you ran check_mailscanner :-)
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ