InoculateIT 6.0 & Mailscanner

James Murchison james at UN.NET.AU
Fri Sep 20 00:18:58 IST 2002

Julian,

I have been running Mailscanner for 12 Months on RedHat 7.0 with
InoculateIT no problems. Recently we introduced a new mail server, Redhat
7.3 and InoculteIT 6.0. I have the latest version (3.22-14) of Mailscanner
installed. I am having an issue with INO6.0, it comes up with a libarclib
shared library problem when the command line sweep is run.

I have visted the mailing lists and seen there are numerous people who have
addressed this problem with AMVIS (InoculateIT will not accept anything,
but the root user). I have tried to adapt to Mailscanner with no success.

The thing that has me stuffed is why it works on 7.0 and not 7.3. I made no
special mods to make the original install work. I have checked on the WEB
and I beleive that Mailscanner is the best dam MVS around. I am convinced
there must be a way to make this work.....

I tried using the sudo command, this seems to have no effect at all.

What user does the sweep command use? can you help ??

Kind Regards,

James.