problem with queue runner

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Sep 19 23:28:53 IST 2002

For test and debug, I'd recommend using -q1m instead of 15.. This way the
queue gets cranked more often while you're testing..

As far as the two entries in ps.. could you be a bit more specific? Can you
tell us how you're starting sendmail? What parameters are passed to each
sendmail?

Your asking a very broad question and providing very little information
about your configuration, other than "I'm running sendmail -q15m" and "mail
isn't being delivered from mqueue".

you should see something like this:
# ps ax |grep sendmail

xxxxx ?        S      0:08 sendmail: accepting connections
xxxxx ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/sendmail -q5m
xxxxx ?        S      0:00 sendmail: server listman.redhat.com [66.187.233.211]
xxxxx ?        S      0:00 sendmail: server usw-sf-fw2.sourceforge.net
[216.136.

(note: PID's munged to xxxxx)

So i have one inbound, accepting SMTP, one que-processing, and two that are
handling communications with an external server at the moment. (the number
of extra ones will vary from moment to moment).

Note that the first sendmail is started with:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in

and the other is started with:

  /usr/sbin/sendmail -q5m