FW: [OT] Mailscanner and McAfee

InvictaNet Support support at INVICTANET.CO.UK
Tue Sep 17 14:25:48 IST 2002

Oops, sent it from the wrong email address

-----Original Message-----
From: InvictaNet Customer Support
[mailto:martyn at support.invictanet.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 2:18 PM
To: MailScanner mailing list
Subject: RE: [OT] Mailscanner and McAfee

I can not see anything in the license I have that stops or restricts me from
using MailScanner and Sophos to scan incoming emails.

I think you may be referring to the "Sophos Anti-Virus Mail-Monitor for SMTP
for Unix" This is a separate product that is licensed on a per mailbox
basis. Each month you are required to email Sophos and tell them how many
boxes you are scanning, they then invoice you for that number.
The costs start at £0.39 per mailbox per month for 0-999 mailboxes and drop
to £0.08 per mailbox per month for 500,000 mailboxes.

Just think what a wonderful bargain we are getting from Julian - with Anti
Spam thrown in as well.

Martyn Routley
InvictaNet - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
http://www.invictanet.co.uk
info at invictanet.co.uk
phone: 08707 440180
fax: 08707 440181

Please Note:
All services are provided on the basis that they are
business to business and that the
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
do not apply.