Mailscanner and McAfee

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 16 20:14:25 IST 2002

At 15:49 15/09/2002, you wrote:
>I've instaled Mailscanner with McAfee and when i run ./autoupdate it
>gives this error:
>McAfee update failed: cannot find the update file,  at ./autoupdate line
>93.
>Can somebody help me here?

Just above line 52, add a line like this:
         print STDERR "File is directory is $file\n";
That will make it print out the filenames that it finds in that directory.
Are you behind an FTP proxy or anything like that?
You can always do the FTP by hand:
         ftp ftp.nai.com
         user: ftp
         password: anonymous at jiscmail.ac.uk
         cd /pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/
         dir
and see what it says. It should include a file called something along the
lines of
         dat-*.tar

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ