Spamassassin with Cobalt

John Walker john at sme-ecom.co.uk
Sun Sep 15 12:35:23 IST 2002

Hi all,

Were looking to set up Spamassassin in conjunction with Mailscanner
on a Cobalt Raq4i which currently has Perl version 5.005_03 installed.

We understand that to run the current version of Spamassassin 2.4 you
require Perl version 5.8. Were led to beleive that running 2.4 with 5.005_03
would cause major problems to our existing configuration.

Has anybody set up the combination of Raq4i / SA 2.4 /Mailscanner and Perl
5.8 - if so
any advice on the best way to go about this before we plunge into the abbys.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

John Walker
SME-ECOM