multiple mailscanner instances?

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Sat Sep 14 02:13:53 IST 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 19:58, Eric H wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Jim Levie wrote:
>
> > Distributing the input queue to multiple processing queues is cheap,
> > because it's just a "mv" of the qf/df pair. If you are interested I can
>
> True, provided the queues are on the same filesystem.

Right, but MailScanner already requires that the input and output queues
be on the same file system. The space requirements are the same for
multiple scanner queues as it is for the single instance configuration.

> > clean up the queue mgmt code and document how I do it on a server that
> > handles some 150-180K messages a day.
>
> I'd like to see that, I do a similar amount of mail and I'm worried my
> production box is going to bog down on me when I deploy MailScanner on it.

Sure, you betcha... It's not a lot of code and probably the docs won't
be that big, so I can probably just post it here sometime this weekend.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.